2017 Venture Challenge TORONTO
At Vinetta we are on a mission to spur startup growth and investment in female founders across North America. This year, the Vinetta Project’s TORONTO Chapter is launching a competition called the Venture Challenge. Three pitch events will take place throughout the year and they will culminate in a 4 finalists presenting to compete for $15,000 in cash.
We believe that investing in women is smart business. Apply today for the opportunity to join a powerful ecosystem that supports female entrepreneurs in taking their businesses to the next level.
Why Apply ?
1) Visibility in Front of Curated Crowd
At each event, we hand-select an audience of over one hundred people, representing the full spectrum of what the the Toronto tech ecosystem has to offer. Historically, our audience has been 40% founders, 30% funders, and 30% influencers (connectors, media, and market leaders).
2) Access to Top Investors
When you apply for the Vinetta Venture Challenge, your application will be reviewed by representatives from a leading venture funds and angel groups, giving your company unprecedented visibility to potential investors
3) Mentorship from Industry Leaders
Each presenter will hear advice from top investors and founders on our panel. To add to the excitement, our top founder will be connected to some of the most influential members of our network for a one-on-one meeting.
4) $$ Cash and Services to Accelerate Growth
Our winner will receive a hefty cash prize, free office space, subsidized legal fees up to $25K and major bragging rights.
Ready, Set, Pitch. These are the steps you need to take to compete for the Grand Prize:
- Online Application: Apply online to present at a Pitch & Panel Showcase. Select “Toronto” as your city in order to be eligible for this competition. Applications will be posted soon.
- Semifinalist Showcases: If you are chosen to present at one of the first 2 showcases (June & August), you will deliver a two-minute pitch to our panel of investors and successful founders and then field questions from the panel. Showcase events typically occur on weeknights and last for 2.5 hours. The panel of experts will select two semifinalists who will advance to the Finalist Showcase in October 2017.
- Finalist Showcase: If you win your semifinalist showcase, you will prepare a short deck (10 pages or less), which will be reviewed in advance by the judging panel. Finalists will then deliver an updated three-minute pitch to an all-star panel of industry experts and investors at the October 2017 showcase. The winner will be announced after a short deliberation by the judges.
You may apply to pitch at either of the first 2 showcases. If you are not accepted into a showcase, we will reconsider your application for the second Showcase. Individual deadlines are as follows:
- Application Deadline- May 22nd
- Committee Reviews May 23rd
- Decisions sent to 4 founders May 30th
- PITCH DAY- JUNE 26th
- Application Deadline- July 24th
- Committee Reviews July 24th
- Decisions sent to 4 founders August 7th
- PICTH DAY - AUGUST 28th
- 2 finalists from Round 1 and 2 finalists from Round 2 advance to the final round
- PITCH DAY OCTOBER 24th
The Prize Package
One grand prize winner will receive a full-service startup package including cash, services, and mentorship
- $15,000 cash prize from Vinetta Project
- Up to $25,000 in subsidized legal services from Blakes
- 1-on-1 mentoring meetings with panel experts
- Major bragging rights