VINETTA PROJECT PROBLEM HACKING
June - September 2018
Building a company takes a village. This summer, we're pairing Vinetta founders with experienced operators, investors and advisors to tackle ONE big problem in 12 weeks. Founders and coaches will work one-on-one to solve an issue critical to the success of a Vinetta startup. Sample problems include expanding to a new market, hiring a CTO and building an MVP. Using on interest and experience as guiding factors, the Vinetta team will pair founders and volunteer coaches through a double opt-in process.
Interested in participating as a founder or volunteer coach? Fantastic! Please read through the program details and submit interest below.
- 2x/month check-ins between the founder and coach, monitored by Vinetta on a weekly basis
- Coaches are free engage as deeply with the startup team as they'd like, but the expectation is that most of the work will take place within twice-monthly meetings with the founder.
- Founder comes prepared to each of those check-ins with a list of action items to discuss, all with the intention of solving the problem and keeping everyone focused on the task at hand
- Participation through the full 12-week program
- Attendance at launch event on Monday, June 25th, 2018 and closing event on September 18th, 2018
- Founders are expected to have the necessary resources engaged to solve your business problem, including team, technology capabilities, etc. The coach is there to provide perspective, advice and subject matter expertise. not to execute for you.
- May 20th - Founder interest forms due
- Mid-June - Participants notified of matches
- June 25th - Program Kickoff Meeting
- September 14th - Program Ends
- September 18th - Closing celebration, with short presentations from participants on projects they solved together
- Female founders must be building a venture-backable company that is launched or in active Beta
- Company must be located in the DC Metro area and available for face-to-face meetings and events
- Founders must have an updated Venture Challenge application on file. More details in the Founder Interest Form linked below.
Interested in receiving guidance and insight from an expert in the Vinetta community as you work through a mission-critical business project? It's similar to having a mentor, but focused on an issue that you plan to solve this summer. Submit your interest here by May 20th so we can best match you with a coach.
Want to test your startup chops on an interesting project that will have direct impact on a local startup's trajectory? Looking for a way to help a female founder scale her business in a focused, finite way? Submit your interest here by May 20th so we can best match you with a Vinetta founder.
Note to founders and community members: this is a double-opt in matching process. We'll contact you in advance to confirm the proposed pairing is a fit.